Like me, many of you will be tuning in to the 85th Academy Awards this Sunday to see who goes home with the little golden man and who goes home with… well still a lot seeing as they’re movie stars and all. In any case, what better way to forget the fact that the rest of us aren’t celebrities than to drink ourselves silly! For a more structured way of achieving that goal, try out Rorschach Reviews’ homemade drinking game:
The game is separated into two parts which run simultaneously. Drinks can be counted as sips, gulps, or shots depending on how impaired you’re planning on getting.
The first part is the betting round, and as is the case with most non-sad drinking games it works best with a group of people. Have each person in the room write down their predictions for who is going to win each and every category. Here are the rules for part 1:
When you get the winner wrong, drink. The amounts are as follows:
Best Picture: Finish your drink
Best Director, Best Actor/Actress: Three drinks
Best Supporting Actor/Actress, Original/Adapted Screenplay, Animated Film: Two Drinks
Everything Else: One Drink
The Optional add-on to Part 1 is if you get the winner right, you get to designate one of the losers to drink twice the appropriate amount
Part 2 will run throughout the event, and is the most subject to additions or subtractions. Here are some examples of ones I came up with, but feel free to list more in the comments below!
- One of the Best Picture Nominees is given a spotlight/feature: One Drink
- Seth MacFarlane talks in a funny/different voice: One Drink
- Somebody thanks their husband/wife: One Drink
- The camera pans to someone clearly frowning (including Tomy Lee Jones): One Drink
- The camera pans to someone obviously frowning after a joke: Two Drinks
- Someone gets music-ed off the stage: Three Drinks
- Someone cries while receiving their award: Three Drinks
I’ll soon be listing my own predictions for Sunday night’s winner so stay tuned!